04 November 2007

First Post!

Ok, ok, ok. This is for real now. I have started and abandoned two different fiber blogs. These are so abandoned that I can't even remember how to log in to post on them. They are out there, somewhere, in a state of suspended animation. Nothing more lonely than a forgotten blog.

Starting this blog feels different. My previous blogs were a lonely cry in the darkness, "Anyone out there?" And I posted once, twice, three times into the ether. Nothing. No one. People may have been out there, but they weren't stumbling onto my blog. So I forgot about my blogs and moved on.

But, just this past week, I joined the Quilt Art mailing list and have already begun interacting with other people who are creating art quilts. There is a community out there and from what I have seen it is welcoming and friendly. I am excited. I won't necessarily be shouting into the ether.

November is NaBloPoMo, which is kind of the blogging and easier version of NaNoWriMo. The idea is to post something on your blog for everyday in November. Well, I've missed a few, but I don't think that matters so much.

They say it takes 30 days to create a habit. Posting everyday for the rest of November should make this blog a habit. And should you find it lying abandonded sometime in the future, please feel free to comment and poke me back into action!

No comments: